How To Use Whatsapp Step By Step Guide 2022
What Is Whatsapp?
WhatsApp is a free app for iPhones, Android smartphones, Macs, and Windows PCs. It allows you to send messages, pictures, videos, and even voice recordings, and to make voice and video calls over the internet for free, rather than paying to do the same using your mobile network.
One of the reasons WhatsApp is so popular is because, unlike SMS, it uses end-to-end encryption, which means nobody other than the message recipients can view your messages. When you make a call on WhatsApp, third parties are unable to listen in to your conversation.
WhatsApp added call-waiting support, so you can accept incoming WhatsApp calls while on another call. You can now send messages from the Braille keyboard when using VoiceOver mode, too. And now, enabling Low Data Mode will disable media auto-download.
Recent WhatsApp updates have included new animated sticker packs, QR code contact scanning, and Dark mode for WhatsApp Web and Desktop
WhatsApp gives you a range of choices about who can see you and how much information the app can divulge about your activities. You can set Last Seen, Profile Photo, About, and Status to be seen by everyone, only your contacts, or no one. Last Seen shows when you were last logged into the app. It also indicates your live location, if you have that enabled in your smartphone settings. You can also choose who can see your status updates. Plus, you can use privacy settings to block contacts.
Whatsapp New Features 2022
How To Use Whatsapp In 2022
WhatsApp Voice And Video Calls:
In addition to voice calls, WhatsApp also offers video calls, including a group function, which allows up to eight participants on one call.
WhatsApp Voice Messaging:
You can record and send voice messages to individual chats or group chats.
WhatsApp Secure Messaging:
WhatsApp uses end-to-end encryption, a secure communication standard where only the people who are messaging can read the messages.
WhatsApp Photos And Video Sharing:
You can send videos, photos, and GIFs without worrying that your images will be pixelated or not downloadable, which can sometimes happen across SMS messages between different mobile platforms and wireless carriers.
WhatsApp Document Sharing:
WhatsApp lets you send all kinds of documents, such as PDFs, spreadsheets, and slideshows without the hassle of email or separate document-sharing apps.
WhatsApp Desktop Access:
WhatsApp offers a desktop version for Mac and for PC.
WhatsApp’s dedicated business account is designed so entrepreneurs can showcase their products and connect with their customers on a platform that’s convenient and familiar.
How To Install Whatsapp
The first step in learning how to use WhatsApp is installing the app, and it can be finished in just a few minutes. As mentioned above, the app is completely free and only requires a phone number and a mobile device to sign up.
Steps To Install Whatsapp On Your iPhone Or Android Mobile
- Install the app from the Play Store (Android) or App Store (iPhone).
- Launch the app and approve the requested permissions.
- Enter your phone number and tap Confirm.
- Enter the verification code received via SMS (WhatsApp may do this automatically).
- Import existing contacts into the app (optional).
That’s all there is to it! You’re now ready to start chatting with any of your contacts that have WhatsApp installed. You can also manually add contacts to WhatsApp if you don’t want to import your entire contact list.
How To Create Your Whatsapp Profile
Before you start chatting, there is one more step you may want to take. Creating a profile will help your contacts know who you are, even if they don’t have your number saved in their contacts. You can add a picture, name, and a short bio.
Process To Set Up Your Whatsapp Profile:
- Tap the three dots in the top-right corner of the app and tap Settings.
- Tap your name at the top of the screen.
- To change your picture, tap the camera icon and select a photo.
- To change your name, tap the pencil icon next to Name.
- Enter or adjust your bio by tapping the pencil icon next to About.
You can also change your phone number from this screen, and the process is the same as when you first set up your account. It will send a verification code via SMS, and once confirmed all of your chats and contacts will be transferred to that number.
How To Use Whatsapp
After downloading the app, you’ll notice you need your phone number to create your account. Unlike some other platforms, WhatsApp doesn’t use special usernames. Instead, WhatsApp identifies people by their number. This means anyone who uses WhatsApp is automatically added to your contact list, which makes set up a breeze.
Once you’re up and running, you’ll want to get familiar with what you can do with WhatsApp, from making international calls to sending voice messages. Deep Short Quotes
How To Make Calls On Whatsapp
One of the most useful features when using WhatsApp internationally is the ability to make phone calls. Unlike standard international voice calls, WhatsApp calls use your internet connection rather than your phone line, so they’re completely free (barring any data overage charges when not on Wi-Fi).
To start a phone call on WhatsApp, all you need to do is open a chat window and tap the phone icon in the top right. If it’s a group, you can even select multiple people to call at the same time.
The steps for how to make a video call on WhatsApp are virtually identical. Just tap the video camera icon next to the phone icon. It’s a great alternative to Facetime, especially for Android users!
How To Add New Contacts In Whatsapp
To add friends to your WhatsApp contacts, do the following:
- Tap the Chats icon at the bottom right.
- Tap New Contact.
- Add the name and phone number of that person.
- You can now also add friends by tapping the QR Code symbol to the right of New Contact and scanning their QR code.
- You can invite a new user by scrolling down to the bottom of the window and tapping Invite Friends to WhatsApp, where you can choose to send an email or text message invite.
How To Add International Friends On Whatsapp
- When adding the contact’s phone number to your address book, start with a plus sign (+).
- Type the country code, a nation-specific numerical prefix, followed by the phone number. Search online to find the proper country code if you don’t know it.
- Remove any leading zeros or calling codes from the actual phone number after entering the country code.
How To Start Chatting On Whatsapp
Chatting is the easy part because all you have to do now is select your friend, and start yapping. As you start your chat, you will see an alert telling you that your communication is encrypted so that no one will ever be able to view or listen in on your conversation. Your friend gets a notification on their phone that you’ve sent them a message, and so it goes.
- Select the person you want to chat with.
- Tap the chat box at the bottom of the screen.
- Type in your message and feel free to add emojis, images, videos, or voice messages using the icons to the right of the chatbox. The little square lets you add a sticker. The camera lets you add a photo or video, and the microphone lets you press and hold to immediately record a voice message in the app. You can also format your text with bold, italic, strikethrough, or code.
- Then tap the arrow icon to send.
How To Update Your Status On Whatsapp
You can use the Status pane to update your status. Status updates expire after 24 hours.
- Tap the Status pane.
- Tap the Pencil icon.
- Tap the paint palette icon to set different background colors.
- Use the keyboard to tap out your message.
- Use the Type tool to change fonts.
- You can also set a photo, video, or emoji as your status update.
How To Syncing Whatsapp On Mac Or Windows
With WhatsApp installed on your phone, you can access a web version of the app that mirrors your chat, group, and broadcast activities. You can use the web interface on your Mac or Windows computer in major browsers to chat, but you can’t make phone calls. You can also switch on desktop notifications for alerts to incoming WhatsApp messages.
- Click the WhatsApp download link to download and install WhatsApp on your computer.
- Open WhatsApp Web in your browser.
- When you get the QR code prompt, use the mobile app’s scanner to scan it.
- You will then be able to access your chat history and send and receive messages within the web interface.
How To Use Whatsapp On Computer:
- On your computer browser, navigate to web.whatsapp.com
- Open WhatsApp on your phone, tap the three dots in the top right, then WhatsApp Web.
- Tap the plus icon at the top right.
- Point your phone camera at the QR code on your computer screen.
- WhatsApp should instantly log in on your computer.
If you don’t want to use a browser, you can also install the WhatsApp PC client directly on your computer. If you think someone is using WhatsApp Web without your permission, you can remove access from your phone by following the first two steps above.
How To Use Whatsapp On An Ipad:
- Open the Safari browser and navigate to web.whatsapp.com
- Tap the three dots next to the URL field, then tap Request Desktop Site.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone, tap Settings in the top right, then WhatsApp Web.
- Tap the plus icon at the top right.
- Point your phone camera at the QR code on your iPad screen.
- WhatsApp should instantly log in on your iPad.
Can We Change Chat Background?
For those who prefer a customized WhatsApp experience, WhatsApp allows you to change the backgrounds of your messages.
How To Hide Online Status On Whatsapp?
If you’re concerned about privacy, you can hide your online, or “Last Seen” status.
How To Block Contact On Whatsapp?
If you no longer want to receive messages or calls from a specific contact, there are a few ways you can block them, whether or not you’ve already chatted with them. On the flip side, there’s no way to know for sure if someone blocks you, but there are ways you can make an informed guess.
How To Add A Contact On WhatsApp:
Because WhatsApp uses phone numbers, contacts should automatically pull from your contact list. If not, you can manually add in contact at any time.
How To Delete A Contact On Whatsapp?
If you prefer a neat and organized contact list, you can delete any contact on WhatsApp from the “Chats” screen. Keep in mind that number will also be deleted from your phone’s contact list.
How To Delete A Group Chat On Whatsapp ?
If you are the administrator of a group on WhatsApp, you can delete that group, but only after you’ve removed every member of the group chat individually.
How To Delete Whatsapp Message ?
You can delete any message to remove it either just from yourself or from everyone in the chat. If at any time you would like to recover deleted messages, you can do that, too.
How To Install Whatsapp On Laptop Or Computer?
To install WhatsApp on a smartphone, head to the app store and search for WhatsApp then follow the instructions. Want to get WhatsApp on your computer? Then visit the WhatsApp website and download it from there.
How Can I Send A Disappearing Message In Whatsapp?
WhatsApp also offers the option to have messages, including pictures and videos, disappear for all recipients seven days after they were sent. (Do note, though, that if the pictures or video have been saved on a smartphone or tablet, they won’t disappear from that device – only from the message stream.) The disappearing messages option needs to be turned on for each individual chat. To do this, open a chat and tap the person’s name, then tap Disappearing messages and select On or Off.