How To Use MSI Afterburner? MSI Afterburner Features
Almost every gamer Loves to rev up the computer to perform at it’s finest. Who does not love smooth screens and also a system that’s churning sufficient electricity to create your gameplay hit another mile?
Fortunately, we have the MSI Afterburner usefulness. But, how to utilize MSI Afterburner?
Every gamer’s dream. It’s a graphics-based utility that can help you take control of your graphics card. From overclocking to fundamental observation, it is capable of taking care of all in regards to your gambling experience.
What Does MSI Afterburner Do?
As it is apparent from The introduction that MSI burner is one of the finest picture card utilities for overclocking, which assists users to make the most of their chipset.
However, besides Overclocking, there are numerous different things that Afterburner is capable of doing so.
It gives complete Control over the card. It is responsible for tracking, benchmarking, customizing fan profiles, troubleshooting, and much more (continue reading if you want to learn more about the features).
List Of MSI Afterburner Features
Overclocking is Possibly a disastrous task, however, as a result of this MSI Afterburner, that keeps this procedure simplified.
It allows you to push Your GP to its maximum capabilities while maintaining the permanent hardware damage at bay.
Speaking about how does It do this, Nicely, MSI Afterburner gives you control over many different settings such as heart voltage, temperature limitation, power limit, fan speed, core and memory clock rate.
This control over Options is given simply to find a balance between functionality and capability.
The recent iteration Of MSI Afterburner incorporates OC Scanner. OC Scanner uses Nvidia developed algorithms that can scan any version and determine the best functionality and stable overclocking configurations corresponding to this model.
Since the overclocking Allows you to tweak to the parameters like GPU temperaturememory and core clock speed, FPS, voltage, etc, in addition, it provides a mechanism to track the changes.
MSI Afterburner Exhibits the modifications in the collection of graphs and on-screen display that can help you track the tweaks in the sport.
MSI Afterburner comes With a built-in instrument”Kombustor”. Kombuster is a burn-in GPU pressure utility used for assessing stability and thermal performance.
Kombuster provides Detailed advice the tweaks that you have made in overclocking along with how they will affect the performance. It is compatible with OpenGL and DirectX. MSI Afterburner includes a benchmarking tool called MSI Kombustor which runs a serious of stressful GPU processes to see how well your graphics card reacts to the pressure. It’s a great way to see whether or not your overclocking tweaks have made an impact on the performance of your GPU. We will go into exactly how to use the software further down.
4- Custom Fan Profiles
Heat distribution It’s possible to use a preset lover rate curveball, making the enthusiast decrease or increase the rate on the basis of GPU temperature.
This Way you can Safely overclock the GPU without fretting about the damages, as this feature will take care of it by deciding the cooling performance once the heat builds up.
This also allows one To save presets to use them later on.
5- Predator Video Capture
Are you aware you can Record videos of your sport together with MSI Afterburner and that also very efficiently? Yes, MSI Afterburner comes with an add-on application named Predator. The Predator can capture gameplay without so much as missing a single frame speed. Moreover, Predator Lets you catch the games in various formats like WMV and AVI. This tool is even compatible with the H.264 codec. MSI Afterburner uses an add-on application named Predator to capture video in different formats, including WMV and AVI using the H.264 codec with a variety of options like different compression types, framerate limit, quality, and up to a resolution of 1080p.
6- Custom User Skins and Multi-Language Support
MSI Afterburner gives Little treats into the players as well. It gives gamers an choice to pick from various distinct skins that provide your gaming experience a makeover. There are several skins available in the app, and you can download more online.
To amuse users Across the globe, MSI Afterburner provides language support in several languages. You can change the language from the User Interface menu.
7- In-Game FPS Counter
If you ask us, what’s Our favorite feature about the MSI Afterburner?
Apart from all of the Rainbows and unicorns about overclocking, the in-game FPS counter is undoubtedly the handiest yet greatest attribute.
In-game FPS counter Displays real-time info about how the system is working in-game.
How To Use MSI Kombuster
So, if you’ve decided to overclock your GPU, you’re going to need to know how to use Kombustor
- Open up MSI Afterburner
- Near the top, in the center, you should see three buttons. One should be the letter “K”
- The “K” stands for Kombustor and should be highlighted as the others are. If it isn’t highlighted and can not be clicked, you need to head over to the MSI Afterburner website and download the Kombustor app.
- Click the “K” Icon which should be located above the ‘core voltage’ meter
- MSI Kombustor should load up right away and begin stress testing your card
- You can now monitor your GPU temp, FPS, GPU load, and more. This will give you an idea of how your graphics card performs at base levels.
- Once the test is complete, or before you close it off, record your performance scores so you can compare with the performance-enhanced, overclocked settings
How To Download MSI Afterburner
Downloading MSI Afterburner is no brainer. It is Simply enjoy the rest of the games and software which you probably have downloaded once in your lifetime. And, even if you’re new to this, continue to download the MSI Afterburner.
Go to the MSI Afterburner Website, or just just search on google on it.
In the google page, find the official website to the Afterburner and go to that site
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on”Download” below the MSI Afterburner alternative. It completely depends upon you; you can also download the mobile program to command the utility while enjoying the game.
Once the download finishes, you have to unzip the file named MSIAfterburnerSetup.zip
The run the exe file in the document and follow the on-screen installation steps. Please note that in case the installer prompts to download Kombustor, answer it favor and install that also. FreeSync Premium
Settings For MSI Afterburner
Once you have Downloaded and installed the MSI Afterburner, the narrative doesn’t end there. There are a few initial configurations which need to be performed in order to make your Afterburner up and working like it ought to.
Follow The Next Steps To Set Up Your MSI Afterburner:
Run the MSI Afterburner
When it opens up, browse to cogwheel”Settings” button and click it
Now, start looking for the”User Interface” tab and then click on”Default MSI Burner skin” to change the skin as it gives a more uncluttered interface which can help you make the most of the utility easily. What’s more, other skins tend toward remove sliders randomly, which makes them inaccessible although tweaking.
In the event you’re using multiple GPUs, go to”General” tab, and then choose specific GPU that you want to monitor or overlock. You can come across the GPU choice below the drop-down menu called” Master graphics chip selection”
From the settings options, it is possible to configure the Afterburner according to your preferences. You can find startup characteristics, compatibility alternatives, AMD properties, and much more under the settings. But many users find default settings easier. Fix PUBG Servers Are Too Busy
How To Utilize MSI Kombustor?
Before getting into Overclocking, there is 1 thing you need to understand, Kombustor. You need to learn how the Kombustor works and the way to read Kombustor before overclocking the card. Further, you also ought to know what performance you are getting at foundation amounts.
To Understand How To Do This, Continue Following The Steps:
1. Run your MSI Afterburner
2. On top, there are 3 buttons located.
3. Please be aware that the correspondence”K” ought to be emphasized just like the rest of the buttons. But if it’s not emphasized, that means it is not downloaded yet, and the button is not clickable. If this is the case, go over to the MSI afterburner website and download Kombustor.
4. Now, click on the”K” button located over the”core voltage” meter
5. MSI Kombustor will load right away, and it will start stress testing your card
6. Now, through Kombustor, you can monitor several things like GPU load, GPU Temp, etc on to give you an comprehension of the way your graphics card operate at foundation amounts.
7. If you’re going to close your Kombustor or you’re finished with the test, do be certain you record the readings or scores to compare with all the scores (performance improved overclocked settings) later on.
Now, you are ready to We recommend searching for the way users have overclocked the exact same card as yours for improved comprehension. This manner, you’ll be able to push your card to its limit.
Recognizing What Overclocking A GPU does?
There is just one more Thing you want to understand before going to really begin overclocking (we promise it is the last one!) . This 1 thing is, knowing what overclocking a GPU actually does. Firstly, the most important Thing overclocking does increase the GPU’s performance by boosting the speed of the graphical chip where it functions. All GPUs possess a certain running rate, which can be known as bottom speed. However, this speed might vary based on the manufacturer. So, by multiplying The speed of this card, the GPU will, consequently, increase in temperature, and so, the more power is drained. Therefore, it’s necessary to discover a balance between a stable temperature and performance for the card. You should always maintain In mind something, that each card differs even if it’s the same manufacturer and same version!
For example, your GTX 1080 might have distinct secure high speed, while your friend’s GTX 1080 may have another one. Thus, we recommend testing your overclocking speeds on your own.
Don’t try to push your Graphics card too challenging with MSI Afterburner overclocking software. Doing this will result in graphical glitches or crashing of this PC. We all know this might be a nightmare, but don’t worry. You could always change your speeds back to safe levels, and also for the best practice, always start slow and move it upward until you start experiencing any problems.
Not to scare you, but Overclocking is full of risks process. Tweaking your GPU might result in damaging it indefinitely. But some common sense is a prerequisite for it. Green Man Gaming
At any point you See that you’re pushing your GPU too far, stop immediately and search for it on line.
Follow These Steps To
1. Firstly, place the’power limit’ and the’temperature limit’ to the maximum value you can see up there. Your GPU is capable of reaching much higher powers and temperatures. You may be resistant to increase the sliders of the temperature limits as they’re quite high, but do not stress. It is usually incorporated from the manufacturer since the GPU can choose the power increase. The GPU will be much more efficient following the increase.
2. Next, change the clock rate.
3. Don’t alter settings anymore and track the effect of the changes.
4. If no graphical issues appear, you can begin raising your clock speed . If any problem persists, consider lowering the clock speed or setting it back into the inventory value.
5. Next, change the memory clock rate. These increments can be everywhere between 50MHz to 100MHz. Check for graphic issues again and keep diminishing the rate till they disappear.
6. Run a pressure test for a few minutes. Maybe try running a game on ultra configurations. Monitor your images, and when they’re steady, the new settings are able to help you rev up your gaming experience permanently. Don’t neglect to save/apply the configurations!
How To Allow The On-Screen Display in MSI Afterburner?
Want to know how great Or poor your GPU actually is? The best way to find out is by using the MSI Afterburner for On-Screen Display Benchmarking. This utility makes it possible to easily set the software to show you the memory clock, clock speed, temperature, and even more that is connected to GPU.
To Enable The On-Screen Display In MSI Afterburner, Follow The Following Steps:
1. Proceed to settings window and navigate the”Monitoring” tab and click on it
2. Head to the”Active Hardware Tracking Graphs” to configure the charts which you need to see in the OSD. You can do this by launching the descriptive title, then the settings, and change the Properties attribute to”in OSD.”
3. As starters, you can run basic checks such as framerate, temperature, usage, and other speed checks.
4. But whenever you’ll conduct a match, the OSD will Supply you the real-time Information Regarding the GPU’s functionality
5. You can assign the hotkey under the”On-Screen Display” tab. That is strongly recommended, and we suggest to assign a very underused such as page or insert up key for toggling.
How To Specify a Fan Profile?
When overclocking, Preparing a lover profile is essential as it reveals how efficient your GPU will run.
Listed below are a Couple of steps To lead you on how to set a lover profile:
- Go to”Settings” situated in the bottom corner
- Then, click “fan” Tab on top of the settings window.
- Now, click” Enable User-defined applications automatic fan control” option located at the top of the menu which will make it possible for you to adjust the fan curve below
- To define a new stage, Click on the chart and move it around based on your own needs. If you want to get rid of a curve point, just select it and press”delete” from your keyboard.
Among those amazing Things about MSI Afterburner is its compatibility. It is compatible with nearly every GPU whatever the model, chipset maker, or card maker. If your GPU has been produced within the previous ten years, the MSI Afterburner will support it; this makes the Afterburner the most versatile graphics controlling tool.
The amazing features Of MSI Afterburner surpass each of the evaluations as the opponents only tend to Support certain GPUs. Furthermore, this utility is free of charge and instinctive, The cherry on the top!
MSI Afterburner – How To Download And Use It
What’s New In MSI Afterburner
MSI Afterburner is the world’s most recognized and widely used graphics card overclocking software which gives you full control of your graphics cards.
4.6.4 Beta MSI Afterburner
- Added voltage control for reference design AMD RADEON RX 6700 XT series graphics cards
- Added experimental support for Intel 11th generation CPUs
- Added experimental support for mobile AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Fixed issue with missing memory temperature sensor on AMD RADEON 5700 / 5700 XT series graphics cards
- Increased memory overclocking limit for NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30×0 series graphics cards
- RivaTuner Statistics Server has been upgraded to v7.3.2
Alternative Apps To MSI Afterburner:
EVGA Precision X1 18.104.22.168
Fine tune your Nvidia graphics card, maximize cooling and performance.
OverClock Checking Tool (OCCT) 8.2.0
This application will let you benchmark and overclock your system components.
GeForce Experience 22.214.171.124
The easiest way to optimize your games and keep your Nvidia drivers up to date.
Asus GPU Tweak2 126.96.36.199
GPU Tweak allows you to optimize clock speeds, voltage and fan speeds on up to four graphics cards independently or simultaneously, you can also select between GPU Tweak’s Standard or Advanced modes depending on your level of experience.
AMD Overdrive Utility 4.3.1.0698
AMD Overdrive offers custom performance and overclocking for novice and enthusiast users as well as an auto-clock option.
Corsair Link 188.8.131.52
Corsair Link Dashboard software allows you to monitor your system and gives remarkable control over your case fans, lighting, and compatible Corsair power supplies and Hydro Series liquid CPU coolers that work together for optimal cooling and performance. Version 184.108.40.206 also available here.
Fraps is a universal Windows application that can be used with all games using DirectX or OpenGL technology.
RTSS Rivatuner Statistics Server 7.2.3
Frame rate and hardware monitor that supports video capture and frame limiting.
ClockTuner for Ryzen (CTR) v2.1 Beta 5
ClockTuner for Ryzen (CTR) is a handy utility that can possibly boost ZEN2 processor performance on your PC.
Asus GPU Tweak 3 Beta 220.127.116.11
Intuitive and capable utility that enables complete control over 3D graphics performance and monitoring. New features and UI designs from our enthusiastic community are continually added through frequent updates.
MSI Gaming App 18.104.22.168
Unlock features and performance on your MSI Gaming Graphics cards.